Thursday, September 09, 2010

Downward fucking dog.

Beth and I did a .5-hour Yoga for Weight Loss routine tonight. I sweated so much I slipped on the laminate floor and during one of the poses my lower back suctioned to it. I remember a lot of shallow panting because my gut felt especially burdensome all wedged up in my lungs and the woman in the video just kept softly narrating, talking about my "heart" and "opening" and "offering."

I was already sore --- I had my first official patients this afternoon as a student intern in Tuina which meant around two hours of pushing and grasping and chopping and digging my elbows into people's stubborn muscles in a very small very hot treatment room.

I want to say something funny or tie this up cutely but I can't really lift my arms so good night.

No comments: