Thursday, August 18, 2011

On a very serious note

Blogger friends... Can you please help me?

Apparently it would cost only $50 to give someone clean water for the rest of his or her life. Watch this video:



I'm not the one who needs help, actually. I'm running a half marathon this weekend to raise money for kids and families in Africa. I would love it if you'd visit my page and give whatever you think you can manage:

http://www.teamworldvision.org/goto/pack46

I wouldn't use my blog to raise money, normally, but the people who read it are just uniformly nice. I thought you'd like an opportunity to help. Thanks guys!

Famine Facts

What is a Famine? Here are a few UN guidelines:
  • 100% of livestock dead
  • More than 1 out of 3 kids are acutely malnourished (have a bicep circumference of less than 12.5cm)
  • Less than 2100 calories per person and less than 4 litres of water per person each day (11 million meet this criteria)
The UN has declared a Famine in two regions of Somalia and may add 6 more by September. Many other areas in the region (in Kenya and Ethiopia) are forecasting a Food Emergency.

No comments: