Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August 18, 2010

I haven't talked about the topic of hypomania yet in these posts but today I'm having what I just decided to call micromania. It's actually just a strong desire to write partly fueled by caffeine but having been once and continually diagnosed you get in the habit of treating every state like a syndrome. Today walking the dogs for example I was composing things in my head that I felt I needed to rush home and get down before half of them were lost inevitably. I'm not saying any single one of them was remotely good because that would be arrogant but they were at least clear --- the words were there. Part of micromania is that the creative urge seems to be against better judgment. Better judgment is the voice telling you you should be working at all costs. I have a lot of work to do. Lately I have been seriously questioning the voice of better judgment. Sometimes it's just judgment period. In all senses of the phrase I don't work like other people do.

No comments: